ATTERBURY INVESTMENT HOLDINGS PORTFOLIO
AIH has a quality, diversified portfolio and aims to have 67% of its capital invested in leading retail and A-grade offices in prime nodes. AIH invests either directly or indirectly in premium A-grade assets in the most sought-after business nodes in South Africa’s major metropolitan areas. It also invests in off-shore property assets, as well as a strategic investment in Atterbury Africa.
Investments - South Africa
- Lynnwood Bridge - 72 000m² mixed-use, Lynnwood, Pretoria
- Brooklyn Bridge - 23 000m² mixed-use, Brooklyn, Pretoria
- Atterbury House - 26 470m² offices, Cape Town CBD
- Great Westerford - 32 250m² offices, Rondebosch, Cape Town
- Garden Route Mall - 52 000m² retail, George
- Glenfair Boulevard - 16 000m² retail, Lynnwood Manor, Pretoria
- De Ville - 13 146m² shopping centre, Durbanville, Western Cape
In addition, AIH also has a portfolio of indirectly held assets through investment in other property funds. Through its interest in Abacus and Retail Africa Consolidated Holdings (Reach), Atterbury IH holds the Irene Mall in Pretoria, Waterkloof Corner in Brooklyn, Steenberg Village in Cape Town, Weskus Mall in Vredenburg, an 80% undivided share in Eikestad Mall in Stellenbosch, a 25% undivided share in Brooklyn Mall and Mooiriver Mall in Potchefstroom, amongst others.
- 25% Atterbury Property Holdings
- Club development
- Lynnwood Bridge - Phase 3
- Various projects underway in Africa, ie Accra Mall, The Grove - Namibia, Lusaka
Direct and indirect investments in offshore assets are made in order to hedge currency risk. AIH’s strategy is to have a 40% international exposure of investment assets – 20% in other sub-Saharan countries (including Mauritius), 10% in the international emerging markets (“Bric” countries) and 10% in the developed markets.
- A direct holding, Nova Eventis;
- An income yielding fund, MAS PLC;
- A capital growth fund, Attfund International
- Karoo Investment Fund
- Edinburgh, Scotland
Atterbury IH holds an effective 19.75% holding (8,5% direct, 11.25% indirect) in the Nova Eventis shopping centre near Leipzig, Germany. This 76,000m2 super regional mall has less than 1% vacancy and is trading well in a suppressed market.
Income Fund, Mas plc
AIH invested €10 million in MAS plc in September 2011 and we hold 23.7% of the issued share capital.
Capital Growth Fund, Attfund International
After the listing of Attfund’s South African portfolio, the remaining assets consist mainly of investment in Karoo funds (I and II), Nova Eventis and miscellaneous SA assets. AIH holds 50% of Attfund International.
Karoo Investment Fund
Karoo is active in the real estate capital markets predominantly in the UK and Europe.
Cartongate mixed used precinct. Construction scheduled to commence in 2013.
- Mall of Mauritius
- Atterbury Africa Fund
Mall of Mauritius, Port Louis, Mauritius
This asset is in a key, strategic location in the heartland of the most economically active region in Mauritius. A key part of the precinct, the 36 904 m² Bagatelle Mall of Mauritius , was opened on 29 September 2011 and the
new mall is a resounding success.
Atterbury Africa Fund
- Accra Mall, Ghana
- The Grove, Windhoek, Namibia