Introducing the Atterbury Property Fund
The Atterbury Property Fund is a real estate development growth fund, underpinned by Atterbury Property seed assets and a strong development pipeline. It actively seeks value-creating investment opportunities. This new fund is the holding company for a number of Atterbury’s quality property assets. A strategic BEE deal is also on the radar.
The Atterbury Property Fund offers current and future shareholders exceptional risk-weighted returns. It does this by leveraging Atterbury Property’s extensive network and associations, as well as enhanced value creation through the existing Atterbury development and asset management units’ exemplary skill set and track record.
The current portfolio is predominantly high-end retail, with some exposure to AAA-grade commercial offices. Atterbury’s shareholding in the following assets will be held within the Atterbury Property Fund:
- Bagatelle – Mall of Mauritius (46 225m²)
- The Club Retail (8 400m²)
- The Falls retail development in Roodepoort (10 341m²)
- The Grove – Mall of Namibia (52 089m²)
- Bela Mall (17 294m²)
- Riverwalk Office Park (12 000m²) tenanted by Deloitte
New and future developments included in the pipeline are the prestigious BAT building at the V&A Waterfront and the new KPMG building in Pretoria.
This unique development fund will, in the Atterbury spirit, take advantage of property investment opportunities where it can create and add value with its leading-edge property and asset management expertise.
Atterbury Property Holdings, in which Rand Merchant Bank Holdings (RMH) recently acquired a 27.5% stake, will own 80% of the shares in Atterbury Property Fund. Atterbury’s employees will hold the remaining 20% stake, aligning the interests of the company and its staff.
Wouter de Vos
Chief Executive Officer
Atterbury Property Fund
Atterbury Property Fund
Atterbury Property Fund News
Atterbury Property Fund has appointed Allen Swiegers as the new Chairman of the Atterbury Property Fund Board of Directors. Positioned to add value to Atterbury’s newly launched real estate holding fund, Swiegers’s esteemed career started [...]
CEO Louis van der Watt shares the background that led to the recently signed partnership deal with Rand Merchant Holdings, which saw the leading investment group acquire a 27.5% share in Atterbury. It is a [...]
The launch of the R3.1 billion Atterbury Property Fund is the latest feather in Atterbury’s cap and Wouter de Vos, the new CEO of the fund, is well placed to take this new division into [...]